somewhere new

leave the past, behind

Name:
Location: France

looking forwards, waiting now

Saturday, November 19, 2005

New Step

Last night I went to church again. There was a gathering for three fellowships in the main chapel, and the topic was the mission of passing on the good news of salvation. The testimony was touching, two missionaries talked about their jobs in west China, where living standard was extremely low, and orphans were every where. Hospitals, schools, and public services were in urgent need, yet not too much are expectable, not even Chinese government can help with it. Their job there was beyond religion in fact. They keep the lonely in company, the abandoned in shelter, and the hungry being fed. However, due to the limited resources they have, still lots were left undone. The local people there, mostly Muslims, were even willing to offer land only to let them build orphanage, as if they could.

Listening to their stories, one be ashamed of one's own concern over personal issues, which are mostly contradictory, frustrated desires. After spending time pursuing personal achievement, which is well acclaimed in our society, one felt lonely and empty. The more one have, the more one want. A long a winding road it is.

But what was really shocking to me last night was a special person. Sister Fen Lang introduced me to him. A young-looking man, whose appearance is actually fa?ade. For the first time I was totally overwhelmed when talking to a person. He was, how can I put it, tender, persistent, authoritative all together. And for the first time in church, someone hugged me right after talking and praying with me. Normally in our culture we don't expect this, especially in my church, which is generally considered strict and conventional.

The young-looking man did know how to talk. It was like he knew how you were without actually asking any questions. I really submitted willing to his words. It was as if he knew all the possible conditions one may be in.

The most important, and inspiring thing he told me was that he prayed for dying once, in his early twenties. Having experiencing being at the edge of dying, he told me that whining was disgraceful to life and the Almighty. Wondering about and fooling around are alike.

So why do I not get myself together? It has been long enough picking up pieces of meself without actually doing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home